• FAQ

    Friday, February 25, 2022


  •  Friday, February 25, 2022
  •  248 Visualization
  •  Print

Frequently Asked Questions

  1. How long can I stay within the framework of the Erasmus Programme?

The duration of education in the Erasmus Program varies between 3-12 months.

  1. How can I apply to be an Erasmus student?

Our University determines the application period every year to become an Erasmus student. During this period, students personally apply to the Erasmus Office.

  1. Can associate degree students benefit from the Erasmus program?

Associate, Undergraduate, Postgraduate and Doctoral Program students can benefit from the Erasmus program.

  1. Can I go to any university in Europe as an Erasmus student?

No, your Department / College / Institute must have a bilateral agreement with the department related to the program you are attending.

  1. What is a Bilateral Agreement?

What two universities will make within the scope of Erasmus program is a student (associate degree, undergraduate, graduate, doctorate) and/or lecturer exchange agreement for one year or longer.

  1. As an Erasmus student, can I go to a university where my department does not have a mutual agreement, but where the university has an agreement?

No. According to the practice in our university, you can go to the universities that your department has an agreement with as an Erasmus student.

  1. What is a Learning Agreement?

A learning agreement is a document that shows the courses you will take at the university you attend, together with their credits. Shows your course schedule there.

  1. What is the Academic Recognition Sheet and what is it used for?

The academic recognition certificate shows which courses you take at the university you attend correspond to at your own university. It is a document that guarantees the acceptance of the courses you have taken after you return.

Complete this document with your coordinator.

This document must be approved by the faculty / High School / Institute administrative board and then forwarded to the student affairs department.

  1. As an Erasmus student, will I register at my own university during my stay abroad, do I have to pay my contribution?

Yes. You have to enroll in your own university and pay a student contribution (university fee). However, you cannot choose a course.

  1. Do I have to do the passport and visa procedures myself?

Yes. Passport and visa processing is your own responsibility.

  1. How long before do I have to apply for a visa?

Call the consulate or embassy of the country you are going to immediately after you are selected as an Erasmus student, in some countries it may take up to 5 months to issue a visa.

  1. Does the university I go to have to find me a place to stay?

The university you attend does not have to find accommodation, but can usually help Erasmus students find accommodation and problems.

  1. Which health insurance should I have?

Prefer internationally valid health insurance. You can also take out the insurance of the country you are visiting. The contents and scopes of insurance should be carefully researched and made.

  1. When will I receive the Erasmus Grant after being selected as an Erasmus student?

You will receive 80% of the Erasmus Grant with all your documents, especially your Learning Agreement, signed by the host institution, and the remaining 20% after you complete your education as an Erasmus student and return to the Erasmus office after completing the required documents.

  1. Will I participate in the Orientation program at the university I attend as an Erasmus student?

Yes. Almost every university prepares an Orientation program for incoming Erasmus students. The orientation program helps you learn about that university and education system.

  1. Can I change the courses I will take after the Learning Agreement is completed before or after I go abroad?

Yes, you can change your courses by talking to your department coordinator.

  1. What happens if I take 5 courses from the university I went to and fail 3 of them and fail 2 of them?

Failed courses are taken again at your own university after returning.

  1. Will the technical and social opportunities that I have with the students of the university I go to be the same?

Yes. For example: You can equally benefit from laboratory facilities. Attention = Facilities (photocopy, etc.) that are subject to a fee for other students are valid for you as well, provided you pay the same fee.

  1. How much Erasmus Grant can I get?

The monthly grant amount you will receive at the university you will host varies from country to country, but this amount may not be enough to meet all your needs.

  1. What is the European Credit Transfer System (ECTS)?

The European Credit Transfer System is a credit system used to facilitate academic recognition.

  1. Is there a Language Preparation Course I can attend?

There is usually a supplemental foreign language course organized by the university in the host country before the academic education for the Erasmus student to benefit from.

  1. Can I get the grant when I apply for an Erasmus Intensive Language Course?

The student's own and/or National Agency institution can provide a financial support for EILC (Erasmus Intensive Language Course) other than English, German, French, Spanish, Italian.

  1. Who can benefit from the Erasmus Internship Program?

Associate, undergraduate, graduate and doctoral students can benefit from the internship program.

  1. How long can I stay within the framework of the Erasmus Internship Program?

Undergraduate, postgraduate and doctoral students can benefit from the Erasmus Internship Program for a minimum of 3 months and a maximum of 12 months, and associate degree students for a minimum of 2 weeks and a maximum of 12 months.

  1. Can I benefit from the Erasmus Internship Program after graduation?

You must be a student in order to benefit from the Erasmus Internship Program.

  1. How can I apply to be an Erasmus Internship program student?

In order to be an Erasmus internship student, our university makes announcements in certain periods every year. These announcements are valid for 3 months. During this period, applications are made through the faculty internship coordinators.

  1. In which Institutions and Organizations can I do an Internship?

Internships can be done in Businesses, Education Centers, Research Centers and other organizations. But; European Institutions and organizations running Community Programs cannot host under this programme.

  1. I benefited from the Erasmus Study Mobility Program, can I also benefit from the Erasmus Internship Program?

Yes, you can.

  1. Is a Bilateral Agreement required to benefit from the Erasmus Internship Program?

No. For the internship program, it is sufficient to obtain the Letter of Intent document from the institution where you will do the internship.

  1. What is Letter of Intent?

This document is the acceptance document that the student must obtain from the institution where he/she will do the internship.

  1. Should I fill out the Letter of Intent document and send it to the institution/organization where I will do my internship?

No. This document must be completely filled out by the counterparty.

  1. Does the institution/organization where I will do my internship have to find a place to stay for me?

The institution/organization where you will do your internship does not have to find a place to stay for you.